1 1/2 cups full cream milk powder
1/2 cup plain flour
1 table spoon semolina
1/2tspn roughly ground cardamom
1/4 tspn saffron
1 heaped teaspn baking powder
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup whipping cream
2 cups sugar
1 cup water
1/2 tspn saffron
yellow food colouring (optional)
Oil for deep frying
1. Mix together milk powder, flour, semolina, cardomom, 1/4 tspn saffron,and baking powder.
2. Add warm oil to the mixture, mix, until you get a crumbly consistency.
3. Bind the mixture with the whipping cream into a soft dough (not sticky). Add a little milk or flour if necessary.
4. make 1 inch sausage like shapes
5. Deep fry at a very low temperature, otherwise they will brown and the centres will be uncooked.
6. To make the syrup, boil the water, saffron, yellow colour (optional) and sugar over medium heat for 5 minutes. Pour into a bowl
7. Use a thin cocktail stick to make a hole horizontal through jamboo, to facilitate absorbtion, place in the syrup.
8. The jamboos need to soak in the syrup for at least 2 hours.